Places to leave vehicles and trailers at start and end points-IDBDR

(Idaho). Released 2015.
Bulldawg06

Places to leave vehicles and trailers at start and end points-IDBDR

Post by Bulldawg06 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:14 pm

I thought I'd start a thread on this topic since it comes up often with ride planning. Has anyone parked a vehicle(pick-up/trailer/van) and/or found a property owner/business owner that would allow it(free or for a fee), etc, in Jarbidge? I'm considering asking the owner of the Outdoor Inn(or any place I can find) if I could pay to leave my pick-up on their property while riding the BDR. I expect to spend two nights in Jarbidge(the arrival and final pack-up).

Any suggestions or thoughts?
BDR Ambassador

timc63

Re: Places to leave vehicles and trailers at start and end points-IDBDR

Post by timc63 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:19 am

Sorry that I can't offee you any help on this. We were fortunate that one in our group had a kid willing to bring our truck up to us at the other end.
The WABDR, last year, was less difficult to find a driver since the dist was so much shorter!
Good luck, it is worth the hassle of making it work!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm

This would be a good thing to start a map share of people that live near a start/end point that have space for an extra vehicle/trailer.

Tgettier

Post by Tgettier » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 pm

A buddy of mine has been doing some research & found this storage facility in Twin Falls that has fenced storage with cameras for around $37 a month for truck & trailer & they did offer him to prorate.

https://www.twinfallsstorage.com/self-s ... ign=256003

This town also offers rental cars. I am having a buddy tow the bikes up & a couple of us are flying up to meet him so this works well in the event someone needs to leave the trip early or arrives late they can always rent a car to or from the air port & get to the truck & trailer. I know the purists are screening cheater, but I only have so much time off & this allows an extra 4 days on trail. That's a big win in my book.
Tim Gettier
BDR Ambasador
Forum Admin